The group of Pilgrims to Corfu is now formed and air tickets have been bought. The rest of the pilgrimage cost, for each of the pair of pilgrims living in one room together is £355 which you may transfer electronically to our Cathedral account:
Account Name: London Russian Orthodox Church
Address: 57 Harvard Road, Chiswick, London, W4 4ED
Sort Code: 40-05-30
Account Number: 71626965
IBAN: GB16MIDL 400530 71626965
Bank Name: HSBC
Bank Address: 90 Baker Street, London W1U 6AX
Please make a note at the transfer form: Pilgrimage Corfy 2015
The above is the prefereential method of payment, however If you have any difficulties with transferring internet, you may pay cash at the candle box in Cathedral.
The above price exclude cost of the Air tickets. Lunch-time meal after the Liturgy in the monasteries is a donation which is paid individually, entry tickets to museums or monastries if applied.
Most of pilgrims would fly to Corfu and back as a group using following flights:
Outbound: 28/10/15 EasyJet Gatwick (London) – Kapodistrais (Corfu) dep 5:55 –arr 11:05
Inbound: 01/11/15 Ryanair Kapodistrais (Corfu) – Stansted (London) dep 12:00 – arr 11:05.
The prices for these flights have been rised up considearbly, so last minute pilgrims have to keep this in mind.
Our pilgrimage we will be led by our own Parish Arch-priest Fr Peter. Our group will be joined by other group of pilgrims from sister parish in Munich.
Any questions please send to gro.n1532311445odnol1532311445hcruh1532311445cnais1532311445sur@k1532311445inmol1532311445ap1532311445 or 07772222117 Sergey.
Programme of the pilgrimage
1. 28/10/15 Arrival to Corfu no later than 12.00 noon, where we will be met at the airport, and taken to the hotel to check in and Dinner.
2. 29/10/15 Breakfast. The first day is dedicated to Saints-protectors of the Corfu Islands, with an opportunity to venerate the relics of St Spiridon in his Cathedral, a visit to St John the Baptist Cathedral which contains the tomb and relics of St Theodore Ushakov, the relics of St Feodora (protector of icons), together with the relics of martyr St Vasili Sevastiisky, the 4th century bishop of Armenia, and of St Nicholas Of Myra. We then travel to the oldest church in Corfu, that of the holy Apostles Jason and Sisipatra, co-workers with St Paul the Apostle. Visits will also be made to the Monastery of St Kassopitra (mens), and the convent of St Ephimia (womens). Free time and Dinner.
3. 30/10/15 After breakfast, the day will be spent in visiting other Monasteries of Corfu, including the Monastery of St Paraskeva of Rome, the Monastery Agios Kiriaki, the Monastery of the Pantocrator near St Afphonasiy, which is famous for its iconography and iconographers. We continue to the Monastery of St Dimitri, and the Skete of Pantocrator of Kamarela, and the Monastery of the Mother of God, before returning to the hotel for Dinner.
4. 31/10/15 Liturgy in Cathedral of St Spiridon. Lunch. Back to hotel. Free time. Dinner.
5. 01/11/15 Breakfast. Lunch, transfer to the airport.